The 41L tank is the ideal choice for long distance travelling and uses the original GS mounting. You don't have to fill all 10.8 gallons for normal short trips, and when half full (5 gallons), it carries the original fuel weight lower than the original FULL tank. For the long stretch you will have the space to carry more fuel.
Polyamide nylon is one of the toughest material known, familiar to automotive paint shops as "bumpers". So you KNOW it's tough, and they already know how to paint it (the tank is supplied unpainted).
A German TÜV Type Approval is included.
NOTE: regarding BMW's ADVENTURE crashbars, There is a possibility that this 41L tank may contact the BMW Adventure crashbars. It is at an and the contact area is not visible and is not consequential. Recommended to wrap the Adventure crashbar with rubber if it happens to touch in this area.
- Fuel capacity: 41 liters (=10.8 gallons),
- Allows for riding 400 miles and more.
- Includes all mounting hardware
- Includes 100-0014 since Jan 2005
- Original BMW petrol pump and fuel filler cap are re-used on the 41L tank.
- Cross-tube equalizes fuel level
- Made in Germany by Elkamet
- Material: Polyamide 6 Nylon
- Does NOT fit with H&B crashbars