Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z Comfort Seat - The Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z is a fully capable, long distance touring bike, but has one weak point - the seats. The stock seat is made of foam that is too soft, and is not shaped as ergonomically as it should be for long distance riding, creating 'hot spots' and pressure points. These comfort seats from Touratech eliminate all these problems for long distance touring by using a firm, high-quality foam and tested ergonomic shape for the maximnum long distance comfort.
Touratech seats are purpose built for Adventure Touring and packed with features that are designed and tested by travelers and adventure riders in real-life conditions.
- Proprietary high-density foam provides superior support – A touring seat should be firm. Seat foam that is too soft or “spongy” will lose support and create hot-spots as the miles stack up. All Touratech seats are made from special high-density foam that will keep you supported and not bottom-out, no matter how many miles you ride in a day.
- Specially contoured design for Adventure Touring motorcycles- Touratech seats are purpose-built for Adventure Touring motorcycles, since we know you’ll be riding a mix of on- and off-road terrain. The seats’ special contours stay narrow in the front, right where they should, while staying wide in the rear for greater comfort. Other manufacturers who primarily build cruiser and street touring seats tend to make them extremely wide, making it harder to reach the ground with your legs while riding off-road.
- Perfect positioning of seams – Our seat designers know that one seam in the wrong spot can be a problem on a long trip. We design seats so that the seam locations are not in contact with you which maximizes comfort.
- Durable, comfortable stretch cover – Touratech seats feature a two-way elastic, non-slip standard cover, which flexes enough for you to shift your body to stay comfortable.
- No trade-in required - All of our comfort seats are sold outright. Unlike other manufacturers or custom seat makers, we do not require a trade-in of your stock seat. This means you can keep your original seat around as a spare, or sell it to recoup some of the costs of your new seat.
- Three different height options - Whether you need more space for your legs to stretch, or want your feet planted firmly on the ground, we have a seat height option for you. Touratech seats come in three different heights depending if you want your seat higher, lower, or the same as stock.
- Ergonomically shaped, matching passenger seat available - Passengers need comfort in the long-haul too! The Touratech passenger seat is specially formed to keep the passenger securely in place whether you're hard on the brakes or rolling on the throttle. Passenger seats are made with all the same high-quality components as the driver seats.
With the amount of time you’ll be spending in the saddle of your Yamaha Super Tenere, a comfortable seat is a great investment that will pay for itself every time you hop on your bike and hit the road.
Seat Heights in low and high positions (measured from top of footpeg to lowest point of seat):
Low Seat: 51/53 cm (20/20.75 inches)
Standard Seat: 54/56 cm (21.25/22 inches)
High Seat: 57/59 cm (22.5/23.25 inches)
For instructions on how to measure the seat height and compare with your stock seat, click on the 'Instructions' tab above.
- No Trade-in of stock seat required
- Anatomically shaped based on extensive test riding in Germany
- Our proprietary high-strength foam provides superior cushioning to prevent pressure sores
- Even weight distribution plus optimised contact with the bike equals perfect control
- Bi-elastic, sweat-resistant covering material with sealed seams
- Hollowed recess in the middle of the seat relieves coccyx pressure
- Specially contoured passenger seat prevents slippage when braking and accelerating
- Seams are optimally positioned to avoid creating pressure points on the seat
- Standard seat height adjustment is retained
- You can either use the rubber stops that are fitted to the underside of the original seat, or you can order an extra set from your dealer
- You will need to use the locking mechanism from the original seat
- Firm high quality foam with ergonomic shape
- No modification to motorcycle necessary
- Fits Yamaha Super Tenere XT1200Z
- Made in Germany by Touratech & KAHEDO
- Available in 3 different heights
- Fully interchangeable with stock driver and passenger seats