The Adventure Protection Package from Touratech includes the two items we consider to be the most important protection for your BMW R1200GS Water cooled whether it's on the street or in the dirt. The kit comes complete with a set of engine crash bars to protect your vulnerable cylinder heads and an Expedition skid plate to protect the underside of your liquid-cooled boxer engine.
Click the links below for the individual specifications and more detailed description of each part of the R1200GS Adventure Protection Package.
Engine Crash Bars, 045-516X
Expedition Skid Plate, 045-5135
- Heavy gauge 4mm aluminum construction with stainless steel reinforcement on skid plate
- Plate Mounting bolts are protected
- Corrugated Channel shape of plate for maximum strength and protection
- Ultra-strong Stainless Steel sub mount absorbs impact force from skid plate
- Low Profile plate design maximizes ground clearance
- Removable Poly sliders absorb impact, protect bolt heads and provide a slide surface.
- Bars made of strong 25mm diameter, 2mm wall-thickness stainless steel tubing
- Stainless steel tube cage design protects by completely wrapping around the cylinder
- Complete front cross-brace on crash bars effectively transfers force
- Crash Bar & skid plate Design prevents excess force into frame or engine
- Crash bars available in Electropolished or Black Epoxy coated finishes
- Compact bar design maximizes maneuverability off-road and preserves lean angle for the twisties
- Skid Plate Dimensions: 18 inches long x 11.5 inches at widest point
- Easily removed for service
- All hardware included for easy installation
- For extra coverage, add the skid plate extension, part # 045-5145
- Compatible with Touratech cylinder head guards and upper crash bar extensions
- Precision crafted at Touratech in Germany
- Fits BMW R1200GS Water Cooled Models Only (2013-on)